27 : we'll be looking for sunlight


Or the headlights
Till our wide eyes burn blind

This one, on the other hand, is very rarely photogenic and never ever has a day off.
Consequentially, I have not had a day off either. In three years.

When we picked Mia up, she was this tiny, tiny bundle of black fur with a bright white stripe running down her tummy. My Mum picked me up from training, and in the car on the way over, we tossed around dozens of names. We liked Hazel, and tossed around the idea of Meg - training her up as a proper sheepdog with a proper sheepdog name. 

But then we got her.

And immediately, she climbed into my arms. And immediately, this family dog became mine. And no one minded. 
She woke up halfway home.
This tiny creature started scrambling all over me and and the car, exploring.
"Hey Mum, Mum, Mum, look at the puppy. Oh my God, look at her. She's an adventurer. Can we call her Amelia?"
"Amelia?"
"Earhart."