130 : how your hands felt in my hair


There's going to come a time when one of us leaves.
And when that happens - you know it will, and I'm so sorry - remember who we were. Remember how much we made each other laugh before we stopped finding the jokes funny. When you find yourself looking at me and feeling nothing, remember the times when you felt like everything had been set on fire. When you find my cold hands to be too cold, remember the times when you reached out to grab them simply because you wanted to be close.

There's going to come a time when one of us leaves, love. We've already danced to this song together. And the steps are whirling and brilliant and the fall is sharp and sudden. 
When the time comes to leave, I hope you know that you can. I hope you can forgive me for the fact that I will.
When the time comes, please be kind to the memories of us. 

(Yes, we've had this song before. But I love it so much.)