365 : "hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come"


“Hope
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, 
Whispering 'it will be happier'...” 
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

Dear 2015,

When I started this project, I didn't expect to make it past January. When I started this project, I wanted to learn something more about the technicalities of photography, and I wanted a reason to et my Nikon out every single day. And most days, in between inclement weather and exhaustion, it happened. I have so many more photos than I started this year with,and I could not be more happy.
I learnt a little about aperture, I learnt a little about ISO, I learnt a shed load about shooting in manual. But what I really learnt was that these photos are moments that I will treasure for years. Dear 2015, this is just before the moment when my Grandma caught me taking her picture, and this is the moment just before she says "Tashi." in that tone that has not changed in 19 years. I wouldn't have it without this project.


Dear 2015, we've had highs and lows. We have had leavings and coming homes. We've had punches to the gut and hands up. There have been moments of such sorrow and moments of exhilaration. There have been the loneliest of times and the happiest. Overall, those happy moments have filled most of the days and months. Dear 2015, you have taught me to be a kinder person, and you've taught me to care. I am beyond grateful.

I don't know what happens next. I don't know whether to try for another 365. But I do know that there will be dozens of memories to be made, and laughs to have, and people to fall in love with, and ideas to try out.

Thank you for everything.

Tyler, out. 
xox